Divorce and Military Families

Stateside Legal: Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act

How can I enforce a Court Order regarding military retirement pay, child support or alimony owed by a service member? The Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act is a federal law that authorizes state courts to distribute military retired pay to a spouse or former spouse of a service member as part of a divorce decree. Read More.

North Carolina Legal Assistance for Military Personnel: Separation Agreement Survival Guide for Soldiers and Spouses

North Carolina Legal Assistance for Military Personnel, Standing Committee of the North Carolina State Bar, provides information about separation agreements including preparation of the separation agreement…Read More.

Department of Defense Finance and Accounting Service: Child Support and Alimony Garnishment

Department of Defense addresses frequently asked questions about garnishment for child support and alimony including how to start and stop payments, making payments on arrearages, issues with receiving support, and more. Read More.

Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Benefits Administration: Information Regarding Apportionment of Beneficiary’s Award

Department of Veteran Affairs provides the following form which should accompany requests for apportionment. Read More.