Seeking VA Accreditation

Are you seeking VA accreditation to represent veterans in claims before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs?

The Department of Veterans Affairs requires all individuals (whether attorneys or not) to obtain accreditation to assist claimants in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for benefits.


According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, attorney applicants must:

  • Be members in good standing with a state bar association;
  • Submit completed VA Form 21a to the Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Complete 3 hours of qualifying continuing legal education (CLE) during the twelve months following the date of initial accreditation and certify the course was taken in writing.

Forms and Resources